5-Ingredient Roasted Yellow Tomato Sauce
Change up your tomato sauce game and pour some delicious yellow tomato sauce on your dish instead! This is sure to put a tangy twist and some bright colors to your plate.
- 3lbs yellow tomatoes (see note, below)
- 3 shallots, cut into large dice or 1 onion, cut into large dice
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, torn into bite-size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 425° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Place the tomatoes, shallots or onions, and garlic on the prepared sheet tray.
- Toss with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the tray in the oven, and roast until the tomatoes are wilted and lightly golden brown in some spots, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted tomatoes and vegetables to a blender, and puree until smooth. Note: Strain the sauce through a sieve to remove any traces of skin, if you like.
- Season the sauce with additional salt and pepper to taste, and add a pinch of sugar if needed.
Stir in the basil, and serve with your favorite pasta, poultry or seafood.
- If using yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, keep them whole. If using larger tomatoes, cut them into a large dice.
- You can easily increase this recipe as needed.