Classic Caesar Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
+ 4 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered, divided
+ ⅓ cup olive oil
+ 4 cups bread, cubed
+ Salt and pepper to taste
+ ¾ cup real mayonnaise
+ 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
+1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
+ 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
+ 1 tablespoon lemon juice
+ 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
+ 4 tablespoons milk
+ 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
+ 3 chicken breast, sliced (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cut 2 garlic cloves into quarters and saute in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove cooked garlic and place into a small food processor or blender. Save for the salad dressing.
- Place cubed bread into the garlic oil and saute until golden brown, turning frequently.
- Remove from skillet and season with salt and pepper
Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing
- Add remaining garlic, mayonnaise, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, anchovy paste, and milk to the small food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and refrigerate until using.
- Add salad dressing to taste to romaine and top with homemade croutons and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Toss salad and enjoy!
Chef’s note: To make it a meal, add cooked sliced chicken breast to the Caesar Salad. For an even better taste, brine the sliced chicken breast for 2 hours, cook in a skillet and toss with the salad.