Creamy Broccoli Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
+ 2 large heads broccoli, chopped
+ 2 tablespoons butter
+ 1 onion, chopped
+ 1 carrot, sliced
+ 1 stalk celery, chopped
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced
+ 4 cups chicken broth
+ 3 tablespoons flour
+ 2 cups half and half
Directions1. Melt butter in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery and saute until tender.
3. Add garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
4. Add flour and cook for 1 minute or until it becomes a light blonde color.
5. Add chicken broth and broccoli and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
6. Mash broccoli with a potato masher until most broccoli is mixed in. Leave some chunks of broccoli. Do not over mix.
7. Mix in half and half and simmer for 2 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Chef’s note: Depending on your taste, this soup can be made chunky or creamy. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and croutons.