Easy Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients+ 1 teaspoon olive oil
+ ½ cup diced onion
+ ¾ pound chorizo sausage
+ ½ cup salsa
+ 1 cup cooked white rice
+ ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
+ 2 teaspoons ground cumin
+ 4 poblano peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
+ ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook diced onion for 2 minutes.
- Add sausage to skillet and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove from heat and stir in salsa, rice, cheese and cumin until combined.
- Fill poblano pepper halves with mixture and place in a casserole dish.
- Pour water into bottom of casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until peppers are tender.