Fresh Homemade Salsa
A simple, refreshing & flavorful salsa recipe that all your family & friends will love. Armor Farms fresh tomatoes & jalapenos make a savory appetizer with a kick!
- 1 1/4 lbs ripe Roma tomatoes (about 5-6)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes*
- 2 green onions, **ends trimmed, chopped into thirds
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion (about 1/4 of a medium)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, ***seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (about a handful)
- 1 large clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse in 1 second bursts until all ingredients are finely chopped.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- *Canned diced tomatoes with mild green chilis, or canned fire roasted tomatoes also work great as well.
- **For a slightly stronger onion flavor you can just omit green onions and use about 3/4 cup red onion (or 1/2 of a medium onion).
- ***Sometimes I like to substitute a few canned chipotle peppers with some adobo sauce for the jalapeno. This is a spicier option.
- For a thinner salsa, you can add in a bit of tomato juice or tomato sauce if desired.