Fresh Pear Bread
Mix up this holiday season with some Armor Farms' fresh pear in your bread! This bread is moist and delicious; You can even dress it up with a crispy streusel topping.
For the Crust:
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears (about 4 medium)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened. Toss pears with lemon juice. Stir pears and walnuts into batter (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into 2 greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Apples or Asian pears would be a terrific substitute for the pears in this recipe. Berries and stone fruits (like plums or peaches) would be too soft and yield too much juice.
- Yes, you can freeze pear bread! Once the bread has baked and is completely cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then place in an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To jazz up pear bread, we recommend adding a streusel topping! Sprinkle over the bread batter and bake as directed. If the streusel begins to brown too quickly, tent the loaf with a sheet of foil until the end of the baking time.
Calories: 168cal | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 144mg | Carbohydrates: 22g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Protein: 3g