Grandma's Thanksgiving Turkey Stuffing
Are you all so excited that Thanksgiving is almost here? I think I love Thanksgiving more than Christmas. And one reason why? The food, of course! Stuffing is a Thanksgiving classic so let's give thanks & share this tradition together.
- 13-15 cups dry bread cubes* (We like to use a heavier bread so it soaks up more juice)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1.5 cups butter
- 2.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1.5 Tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
- In a frying pan, saute the onion and celery in the butter for 10-12 minutes, or until the onion and celery are tender.
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. Pour the butter, onion and celery mixture over the breadcrumbs and mix. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Put the stuffing in the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes