Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
Looking for something great to do with your fresh strawberries from Armor Farms? Try this wonderful recipe which only requires four ingredients, no fruit pectin, and 30 minutes of your time. Making homemade strawberry jam in your Instant Pot saves time and mess!
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries , hulled and halved
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Add strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice to the instant pot. Let sit for 10 minutes. (The sugar will help draw juice from the strawberries)
- Close the lid and secure the pressure release valve. Cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Allow to natural release for 15 minutes. Do a controlled quick release when releasing the remaining pressure to make sure only steam comes from the vent.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. (If it's too thick you can add a tiny bit more water until its liquid and cornstarch is completely smooth.)
- Remove the IP lid (it will look like SOUP inside, but don't be alarmed!) Stir in cornstarch slurry.
- Select "saute" and bring the mixture to a full boil. Boil for a few minutes, stirring frequently until mixture has thickened. Turn off Instant pot.
- Pour jam into a container. Details about storing and preserving this jam recipe are above in the post.
Makes 1 1/3 cup jam.
Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Potassium: 69mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 27.2mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.2mg