Strawberry Spinach Salad
Use your fresh new ingredients from Armor Farms and create a healthy, refreshing, summer salad in this heat! It only takes 20 minutes to and you'll be thankful you did!
For the salad:
- 1 package (5 ounces) organic spinach
- 8 ounces strawberries, halved (about 2 cups halved strawberries)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/3 raw sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped shelled roasted pistachios
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, grated, finely minced or one cube Trader Joe's frozen garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Christina in the Kitchen Strawberry Lemon jam (or jam of choice)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients. Shake or mix well to combine. Taste and add additional salt/pepper, if necessary.
- Toast the almonds on the stove top: add the almonds to a pan and place over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 2-5 minutes until almonds are slightly golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add spinach to a large bowl, layer on the strawberries, avocado slices, red onion, goat cheese, toasted almonds, and chopped pistachios. Feel free to add dressing now or set it out for individual servings. Top salad bowls with extra toasted almonds and drizzle each bowl with 1/4 of the dressing.
Calories: 340kcal | Fat: 28.7g | Saturated Fat: 6g |Carbohydrates: 17.2g| Fiber: 6.9g | Sugar: 5.4g | Protein: 8.5g