Tender Grilled Pork Chops
Brine Time: 4-6 hours
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
+ ½ cup kosher salt
+ ¼ cup packed brown sugar
+ 4 cups water
+ 4 Thick cut bone in or center cut pork chops, roughly 1 inch
+ 2 TBS Olive oil
+ 2 tsp Paprika
+ 2 tsp coarse kosher salt
+ 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1. Place kosher salt and brown sugar into a resealable plastic bag. Add 1 cup of hot water, seal bag, and shake to dissolve ingredients. Add the remaining 3 cups of cold water.
2. Add the pork chops and cover with water as necessary. Place plastic bag into a bowl and place into refrigerator and brine for 4-6 hours.
3. Remove pork chops from bine, rinse with water, and dry.
4. Coat pork chops with olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Oil grill grate to prevent the pork chops from sticking.
6. Grill on high (approximately 500 degrees) for 3 minutes per side.
7. Turn grill down to medium (approximately 350 degrees F) and cook for an additional 7 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
8. Remove from grill and let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes.
Chef’s note: If using a fine salt, decrease the amount used in this recipe. Do not overcook.