Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Can't think of anything to do with your Armor Farm's petite romaine? Transform your summer table with a healthy and exciting dish!
For the lettuce wrap:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (or tenders) chopped into very small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup cabbage, finely shredded (red, green, or napa)
- 3 green onions, chopped
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 heaping Tablespoon peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium.
Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
Add the carrots, cabbage, and green onions, and cook for 2 more minutes.
In a small bowl combine the sweet chili sauce, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Stir until smooth.
Add sauce to the pan. Add cilantro. toss everything until combined.
Spoon mixture into individual lettuce cups. Should fill about 8 lettuce cups.
- You could substitute for 1/2 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 4 servings
Calories: 181kcal | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g |Carbohydrates: 19g| Cholesterol: 36g | Protein: 15g | Sodium: 694mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 4072IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1 mg