The Best Homemade Salsa
This homemade salsa recipe it is healthy and quick to make with absurd amounts of flavor. Combine Armor Farms' fresh delivered produce with canned tomatoes to make this most delicious salsa.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 jalapenos, stemmed and seeded (you can substitute 1-2 habanero or serrano peppers.)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 15 ounces crushed San Marzano tomatoes (1 can)
- 4.5 ounces diced green chiles, mild, medium, or hot (1 can)
Place the fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, 2 teaspoons sugar (if using), and salt in a food processor. Pulse until the contents are fine and well blended.
Pour in the crushed tomatoes and green chiles. Puree until mostly smooth. Taste, then add more cumin and sugar if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If refrigerated in an airtight container, this salsa should last 10-12 days.Spice Level - If you are sensitive to spicy heat, reduce the jalapenos to 1 pepper. Some people are sensitive to cumin, so the cumin can be reduced to 1 teaspoon if needed.