Weekly Box: September 18th & 19th
Just a friendly reminder for our LOCAL customers only! Please leave your ice, liners and boxes out and we will pick them up. (This is optional)
Armor Farms has a box ready for Monday Night Football!
Before you settle in to watch the game you can cook up this amazing Pasta with Corn, Bacon and Basil to fill your stomach! When I made this, I added in our Zucchini and it did not disappoint. You will feel comfy, cozy and full in this cold weather. Who are you rooting for this football season?
This week's box is full of green leaf to make salads, sides and even some main meals. I love to take my Kale and make Kale Chips for my kids. If I can hold off on not eating them all myself, when I call them to the table, they actually fight over them.
Where most recipes for Kale Chips call for salt or garlic salt, I have always used Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning. I know you locals know what I am talking about, but for those of you who are out of town, let me explain. Simply put, it is the "you can't go wrong" seasoning of the the Central Coast. You can put this on meat, veggies, bread, salad and you can not go wrong.
We are also introducing Collard Greens for the first time! These Greens come from a new partnership with a farmer right here in Arroyo Grande, CA! We have a Southern Style Collard Greens Recipe (YUM!) ready for you on the website, but if you are like me and do not have 4 hours to simmer these all day, here is a Quick Collard Greens recipe that is easier to whip up.
ENJOY THIS WEEK'S BOX!
- Corn on the Cob
- Collard Greens
- Green Onion
- Petite Romaine
- Green Beans
The PETITE box includes the following:
This week's PETITE Box
What's Happening at ARMOR FARMS
- Armor Farms merch is live! Head over to the website and order your hat before they are gone! We will be adding T-shirts and Sweatshirts soon!
- We are now offering a hand written note and krinkle paper for gifts or you can opt to add Armor Farms to your boxes.
- We are still working on offering you local products to add to your weekly boxes! How great will it be to order honey, jam, almonds or hummus to your box?
- Our blog is now adding some flare about what is happening with my family and the behind the scenes intricacies of being CEO of Armor Farms and 4 kids under 7! Stand by for a look into our days as a family of Armor!
- As always, Put on the full ARMOR of God! EPH: 6, 10-20